Thursday, April 1, 2010

Erg Sprints 2010 Results

I neglected to mention that I achieved a couple fitness goals at the Mid-Atlantic Erg Sprints, 30 January 2010. I achieved a personal best in the Veteran Men (55-59 yo) 2000m sprint at 7:52.0. I finished last in the field, but it was expected. This was my first foray into indoor rowing competition after taking up the erg 1 year ago. It was a big improvement in time over the course of the year. Who knows? With another year of steady training, I might even get to a respectable time. Course next year, I'll move up to the 60-65 age group and there is at least one competitor there who rows sub-7 (minute) times, so I've a lot of work ahead.

All in all a great experience. We had about 4 inches of snow that day, but in spite of the weather, there were hundreds of competitors and stands full of spectators cheering on their favorite son's and daughters.

No comments: